The Academic Board of Nanyang Institute of Social Sciences is responsible for:
- Developing and reviewing the policies and procedures on all academic matters of NISS. These include ensuring that the content and duration of the modules and subjects as well as entry and graduation requirements of the courses are appropriate and approving the deployment of teachers based on the requirements stipulated by the CPE of Singapore.
- Facilitating NISS to implement and comply with the policies and procedures developed.
- Reviewing the academic policies and procedures annually.
The Examination Board of Nanyang Institute of Social Sciences is responsible for developing examination and assessment procedures, such as to develop and facilitate the implementation of procedures to:
- Ensure the security of examination scripts and answer scripts.
- Ensure the proper conduct of examinations and assessments.
- Define and ensure the proper discharge of duties and responsibilities of invigilators and markers.
- Conduct moderation of examination and assessment marks.
- Handle appeals from students with regard to examination or assessment matters.