- Application for withdrawal by student: Application for withdrawal by student means that a student who has been enrolled voluntarily applies to withdraw due to health, work, and other reasons.
- Order to withdraw from the course: In one of the following situations, NISS and the Awarding University have the right to order students to withdraw from the course.
- Failing to complete the study within the prescribed maximum period of study (including the suspension period);
- Failing to apply for resuming their studies within the prescribed time limit or failing to pass the review after applying for resuming their studies, after the period of suspension or retention of student status;
- Failing to pay tuition fees without justifiable reasons;
- Serious violation of student ethics, discipline, academic integrity principles, etc.
(1) Refund for Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course:
NISS will notify you within three (3) working days upon knowledge of any of the following:
- It does not commence the Course on the Course Commencement Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Commencement Date;
- It does not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Completion Date;
- It has not ensured that you meet the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by the organization stated in Schedule A of the PEI-Student Contract within any stipulated timeline set by CPE.
You will be informed in writing of alternative study arrangements (if any), and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees already paid should you decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the above notice.
(2) Refund for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons
If you withdraw from the Course for any reason other than those stated above, NISS will, within seven (7) working days of receiving your written notice of withdrawal with complete documentation as required, refund you an amount based on the table in Schedule D of the PEI-Student Contract.
(3) Refund During Cooling-Off Period
There will be a cooling-off period of 7 working days after signing the PEI-Student Contract. You have the right to cancel the contract within the 7 working days and be refunded the highest percentage (as indicated under the refund table in the PEI-Student Contract) of the fees already paid if you submit a written notice of withdrawal to NISS within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether you have started the Course or not. After the cooling-off period, NISS’s refund policy will apply.
(4) Refund Amount
|% of [the amount of an installment under Schedule B*]||If the Student’s written notice of withdrawal is received:|
|50%||Within 3 days after the date of payment (not inclusive) of the installment.|
|0%||After 3 days of the date of payment (not inclusive) of the installment.|
* Schedule B in the PEI-Student Contract
If students have any doubts about their examination results, they should file appeals for reviewing the results to the course administrator team within 2 weeks after the results are released. An overdue appeal will not be accepted.